Subject: TCSG Health and Safety Practices
Topic: Disinfection Practices Against Bloodborne Pathogens
Time Allotment: 3 hours
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
1. Describe and explain the two (2) main bloodborne pathogens.
2. Describe how bloodborne pathogens are transmitted.
3. Identify the risks of these pathogens in the workplace.
4. Describe salon related examples relative to bloodborne pathogen exposure.
5. State disinfectants and disinfection procedures used to practice safe infection control.
6. State the procedure for Universal Precautions set by OSHA.