Subject: Principles of Instruction
Topic: Broadening Your Teaching Methods to Reach All Learners
Time Allotment: 8 hours
Upon completion of this lesson, student will be able to:
- Understand learner retention.
- Demonstrate ways to vary classroom stimuli every 20 minutes.
- Identify 3 Learner Types.
- Identify 8 student Learner Intelligences.
- Describe and facilitate education using various teaching methods to retain the attention of all 8 learner intelligences.
- Identify student boredom from body language and recapture student attention.
Educators who have been teaching for longer than 5 years have definitely had an opportunity to watch how the dynamics of learning and teaching have significantly changed. As changes in people and technology occur, educators must maintain one goal, creating an environment that facilitates optimal instruction in learning. This would include: Understanding how students learn, using technology, and presenting information in ways that each student will be able to learn.